Saturday, June 23, 2012

spinach smoothies



i realize as i see these pics now that i'm probably not helping my cause: promoting healthy spinach smoothies {as a replacement for my almost-daily vanilla coke from sonic}... sorry if these green bubbly images are less than appealing, was just looking for an alternative form of green energy for my afternoon slumpies.

if you're brave enough to try this, it was really quite nice.  i promise you won't even taste the spinach. add wheat germ for folic acid / b vitamins & a nice texture, and local honey to help fight allergies.

ingredients
  • 1 cup ice cubes
  • 1 cup fresh spinach
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 TBLS wheat germ
  • 2 TBLS honey
  • 1 - 2 cups vanilla soy milk depending on your desired consistency
preparation

blend it to your liking and feel good about your healthy choice :)  *kids like these, too.
   

2 comments:

Kara said...

So if we don't do soy milk, any suggestions? Would it be okay with unflavored regular or whole milk?

carolyn said...

How did I miss this comment?? I'm sure reg milk would be great! :) we're also on an almond milk kick... Experiment and let me know what you think works best!