Saturday, March 28, 2009

Orange Roughy & Poblano Peppers

My favorite smell -
onions, garlic & peppers sauteeing away.



We have a Mexican grocery store nearby that sells all sorts of fun colorful peppers. (I've planted some in my garden for summer so we'll see how they turn out.) The store's been a great introduction to inexpensive & unique produce, Mexican cheeses & breads, and I recently bought black corn which we popped on the stove and shaved pecorino over; was yummy. We've been on a pepper kick, so this dish is nothing fancy, but fresh & fast. My new favorite poblano pepper (great in scrambled eggs, skewers, wraps, etc) is popping up everywhere.

Ingredients:
  • 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
  • 1 poblano pepper, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 2 roma tomatoes, diced
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 lemon, sliced
  • 2 orange roughy fillets
  • panko bread crumbs
  • olive oil
  • butter
  • salt & pepper
  • red pepper flakes


Preparation:

I simply sauteed the veggies, garlic & lemon in olive oil (with a few red pepper flakes, salt & pepper) until they were soft. I lightly breaded orange roughy in panko bread crumbs and moved the pepper mix to the side while the fish cooked through on medium, ~ 3 mins on each side of the fillets. Was nice & light. Can you tell we like to pile on the peppers?

No comments: